IKD provides specialised coaching services for lawyers who are seeking to progress their career, broaden opportunities, address challenging situations masterfully and achieve greater balance in their lives.
IKD’s coaching enables lawyers to focus intensively on their individual development needs and challenges, following the standards and practices of the International Coach Federation (ICF).
Our philosophy adheres to a form of coaching which honours and acknowledges you as the expert in your life and work. Our coaches work with you to support you in achieving greater focus and awareness of choice in order to achieve your development objectives. IKD’s coaching programs are customised to the professional mindset and career trajectory of a lawyer.
Our coaching programs support those transitioning into a new role, moving into a more senior position or simply those who wish to perform at a distinctive level in their current role. Results can be achieved through either on-on-one sessions or in a group forum.
Coaching for junior lawyers can include areas such as
- career ownership by setting professional objectives, building areas of expertise and mentoring relationships inside and outside the organisation
- selecting work that leverages personal strengths and is in harmony with individual values
- developing greater professional confidence and judgment
- further developing excellent work habits and a commitment to superior client service
Coaching for lawyers who want to transition their career can assist in
- clarifying professional objectives and building an identity for a new role
- developing and maintaining key business relationships
- understanding new clients and the role required to meet their needs
- building new competencies and areas of learning
- strategic planning and developing visions for future success
Coaching for lawyers who want a sustainable career can help
- define a clear vision for a more balanced life
- prioritise commitments and set boundaries
- strategise to manage pressure, stress, competing interests and demands
- identify internal and external roadblocks to success
- improve communication skills and leverage existing business acumen in the pursuit of balance
- marshal support and resources to sustain a more balanced life on an ongoing basis
Past participants IKD has an extensive and diverse group of lawyers who have benefited from coaching and are prepared to discuss the value of the development with interested individuals.